Ex-Flames midfielder to kick-start a sports ministry

 


Former Flames midfielder Chancy ‘Vinny’ Gondwe says he is ready to roll out his sports ministry following his ordination as pastor at Glorious Life Christian Assembly in Lilongwe on Sunday.

“I am glad that I have finally been ordained as pastor by Pastor Felix Ng’oma, who is also my spiritual father. This gives me an impetus to roll out my sports ministry,” the former Bata Bullets [now Nyasa Big Bullets] player said.

Gondwe, who played in South Africa for Mamelodi Sundowns and Bidvest Wits, among others, said his sports ministry will target all sportsmen.

“I want to help every athlete by using scriptures. Therefore, I will not focus on football teams only but other sport codes too. I will be using sports to preach the word of God,” he said.

He also hailed JK Productions, a grouping of football legends and administrators, for donating K300,000 and six footballs towards his ministry.

“It is my prayer that others will emulate this good gesture,” Gondwe said.

Meanwhile, one of JK Productions board members, Anthony Sendema, has said they supported Gondwe because his initiative will help transform athletes.

“Despite being a member of JK Productions, we feel the initiative will benefit local athletes not to go haywire,” he said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post